- The Trad magazine series Tablatures pour accordéon diatonique
Great series of tunebooks edited by Jean-Michel Corgeron, CDs with the tunes at slow and normal speed are available
- Vol. 1
covers a wide range of diatonic styles: french, breton, italian, Tex-Mex, scandinavian, basque, quebec, irish.. a little bit of everything. Over 100 tunes!
- Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 Répertoire de Bal 1 and 2
typical french bal folk repertoire: bourrées, scotisches, waltzes, mazurkas, rondeaus, irish jigs (for cercle circassiene and Chapèlloise) and a few breton tunes
- Vol. 4 Répertoire de bal breton
This one's great! Ronan Robert and Eric Richard play all the tunes on the CD twice, with full ornamentation.
- Vol. 5 Russie et Balkans by François Heim
20 themes with variations
- Vol. 6 Valses by Jean-Michel Corgeron and François Heim
24 waltzes with variations
- Cahier de répértoire by Frédéric Paris
complete transcription Paris' diatonic accordion recordings "Carnet de Bal" and "Rue de l'Oiseau"
- Musiques pour la Danse Bretonne by Yann Dour
over 200 tunes from all regions of Brittany, with CD
- 20 Morceaux Québecquois by Yann Dour
- Tablatures: Musiques pour Accordéons Diatoniques by Yann Dour
transcriptions of the casette of the same name (maybe out of print)
- Danses et airs de Bretagne by Bernard Loffet
64 tunes from all regions of Brittany
- Tablatures vol. 1 und vol. 2 by Alain Pennec
with casette; mixed repertoire (mostly breton), some tunes for 3-row-box, some transcriptions from Alain's recordings
- Tablatures by Ronan Robert
with casette; mixed repertoire (mostly breton), some transcriptions from Ronan's recordings
- Boest an diaoul by Bernard Lasbleiz
a study on accordion playing in the gavotte area of Brittany, with 90+ min cassette of fieldrecordings, and transcriptions for diatonic accordion of (nearly) all tunes (60 tunes)
indispensable for every boxplayer interested in breton gavottes
- Tonioù a blij din by Bernard Lasbleiz
100 of Bernard Lasbleiz's favourite tunes, many of them from his recordings
- L'Organetto Diatonico by Roberto Tombesi & Riccardo Tesi
23 tunes from traditional italian repertoire with cassette containing recordings of the tunes by some of the best italian box players
contains some transcriptions from Riccardo Tesi's recordings
- Daou ha daou by Yann-Fanch Perroches
this is not really a tune book, but a CD, with transcriptions included as *.pdf-files.
Great, for the price of a CD, you get a wonderful CD AND a tunebook (and vice versa)
- 1998 by Tapia eta Leturia
another CD (doubleCD in fact) by basque trikitixa master Joseba Tapia; comes with small booklet with transcriptions to musical notation of all tunes (over 50!), no tabs here!
- Diatonic Liaisons by Alexandra Browne
Contempory French and English melodeon music, written in both French and English. The music and biographies of Andy Cutting, Dave Roberts, Bruno le Tron, Alain Pennec, Alan Lamb, Trevor Upham, Frédéric Paris and Marc Perrone.
Attention! No tabulatures in this book, just musical notation with chord symbols. Moreover the notation is not standardized (in most (french) melodeonbooks the notation is standardized to a G/C-box, this means if a tune is played on the second row of D/G-box it's notated in C nevertheless). In this book you have faithful transcriptions (with ornaments and everything!) in the actual sounding key.
- Sitähä voi Inspiroira by Markku Leppistö
a study on the playing of finnish legend Tauno Aho
40 tunes transcribed to musical notation with chord symbols (no tabs) standardized to G/C-box. 21 tunes are in E-minor and require the use of a finnish box (you need B7-chords instead of F-chords) or transposition of the tunes to A-minor.
CD of Tauno Aho's playing included
- Stephane Milleret & Norbert Pignol: Méthode d'accordéon diatonique tome 1 pour débutants
- Stephane Milleret & Norbert Pignol: Méthode d'accordéon diatonique tome 2
- These books cover a lot of theory and focus on technique. They contain lots of abstract exercises as well as some transcriptions from dèdale cds. Find some info on the Mustradem website.
- Dave Mallinson: Mally's Melodeon Methods
last update: 01.02.02